Total Knee Replacement
If your knee is severely damaged due to arthritis or due to any injuries, it’ll be very hard for you to perform very simple activities like walking or climbing stairs. even sometimes you may feel pain while you are sitting or lying down.
Doctors will suggest to use medicine or walking supports. if the suggestions of doctor’s doesn’t work it’s better to consider Total Knee Replacement (TKR) surgery. Joint replacement procedure is a safe and effective procedure to relive pain, Correction of leg deformity, and help you to resume normal activities without pain.
The first knee replacement surgery was performed in 1968. In the beginning, Iron was used as replacement. But now replacement will be done by the materials of Steel or titanium alloys. many changes have been made in knee replacement surgeries, which lead to their increased effectiveness.
Best Knee Replacement Surgeon
Latest techniques Using For Total Knee Replacement Surgery :
- pre-plan technology
- patient-specific instrumentation (PSI)
- Minimally invasive Knee Replacement
- High flex Knee Replacement
- Gender-specific Knee Replacement
- Bi-Cruciate Substitution
- Attune Rotating Platform Knee replacement
wnhat's the right time to go for a knee replacement ?
There will be no exact formula to decide for having a knee replacement. Majorly the knee replacement is suggested after trying all therapies, medications and injections.
what happens during knee replacement surgery and how much time it'll take
The surgeon will make a incision to know the damaged area of your knee.
- Incision varies from approximately 6 to 10 inches.
- during surgery your knee cap will be moved aside and cuts away the damaged part of cartilage and some part of bone.
- Then the damaged part will be replaced with new metal knee.
- The replaced knee will is biologically compatible and has the same moments as of natural knee.
- The average time for knee replacement will be 60 to 90 minutes.
How many days it'll take to recover ?
Usually it takes three to four weeks after surgery to walk but the doctors will make us to walk on the same day of surgery with advanced techniques.